Storchenwiege is a woven wrap manufacturer from Germany. Here are some facts from the Storchenwiege site:
- Unique, beautiful patterns and colors
- The company’s founder and fabric developer is a textile engineer, a father, and grandfather. His love for his profession and children shows in every Storchenwiege Baby Sling as it lovingly embraces your family with just one simple knot.
- All cotton used in the Storchenwiege Baby Sling is from strictly regulated cotton farms and are all Oeko Text 100 certified cotton, free from chemicals or residue in the fabric. More info Oeko Tex 100 link.
- The weave differs from all other slings in the yarn strength used.
- In both directions (warp and woof ) of the cross weave Storchenwiege uses a double strength, not simple thread. All other wraparound baby slings use the double strength yarn only in one direction. This helps support baby’s back, the correct leg positions, baby wearer’s shoulders and back better than other wrap style slings.
- Not only does the strong weave help the durability of the baby sling, it also holds the tied knot better as it doesn’t give after the baby is placed in it.
- This special weave does not influence the elasticity which is necessary to embrace your baby. Neither does it influece the airflow through the woven fabric.
- The fabric is prewashed and preshrunk. This ensures the fabric has a minimal shrinkage of 2.5%. Most fabrics have far more. Especially for a woven wraparound style sling this is essential in knowing the fabric lenghts is right for you before washing the sling and not being able to exchange it after.
- All slings are washed and dried without tension on the fabric.
- No chemicals are used in any of the proceedure.
- Storchenwiege is manufactured in Sachsen, Germany, under strict environmental regulations. German manufacturing alone stands for the highest quality possible.
- Storchenwiege Baby Slings are Oeko Text 100 certified
- Storchenwiege Baby Slings have a double hemline for durability and the correct embracing of your baby’s back and leg position.
- All Storchenwiege Baby Slings have tapered ends to ensure easy tying. They form a pallelogram.
- Looks new after many washes and years of use. Other brands look quite washed out after only one year of use.
- All Storchenwiege Baby Slings come with detailed instructions. The instructions differ from others on the market as they give some extra hints in tying the sling. This is great for beginners as well as “Sling Fanatics.” The instructions were developed with the help of a certified teacher of baby wearing from the Dresden, Germany, school of baby wearing instructors. It shows.
Storchenwiege, the carrier:
This woven wrap comes in many different lengths. The shortest is 2.7 meters long and the longest is 5.2 meters long. The shorter lengths are nice for petite people or for doing carries that do not require very much length, such as a hip carry. The longer lengths are great for multi-layered carries such as the Front Wrap Cross Carry. These woven wrap also come in a variety of different colors, from natural to solid colors to some beautiful stripes! It may be hard to choose just one color as your favorite.
Where to Buy:
Disclaimer: This blog post is a product spotlight and not a review. I received no product. All information was gathered from the Storchenwiege website. All pictures are the property of Storchenwiege and are used with permission. The Amazon link below is an affiliate link and I may receive compensation if you choose to click on it.