Boba 3G is the baby carrier review today. Boba started with a family who wanted to have “Freedom Together”. Freedom to be able to pack up and just go with kids in tow and not have to worry about how they were going to get somewhere with a stroller or when their kids got tired. The Boba Baby Carrier is on it’s Third Generation, thus the “3G”. This version has many updated features and some super cute prints!
Boba Baby Carrier:
From the Boba website:
- Weight Range: 7-45lbs
- Waist Belt: 25”-58”
- Fits Adults: 5’0”-6’3”
- Buckles Used: Duraflex
- Zippers Used: YKK
- Shoulder strap length: 20”to 40”
- Fabric: 100% cotton for the Classic Collection
- Height of the body of the carrier: 15.7in Height of the waist belt: 5.1in
- Made in China
This carrier is also about 13.5 inches wide where your child would sit. (measured about 3 inches above the waist belt).
Features of the Boba 3G:
- Infant carry: You can shorten the body of the carrier by flipping up and snapping the waist belt. This is different from other carriers that have an “insert” for smaller babies.
- Pockets: The waist belt has 2 small pockets that will fit a cell phone and other small items. One pocket is accessed from the side and zips closed. The other opens from the top.
- Purse Strap Holder: a small snapping tab on either shoulder to help keep your purse from falling off your shoulder.
- Sliding Chest Clip: The chest clip is on a sliding track making it very easy to adjust.
- Side Adjustment Straps: these straps make fine tuning the fit of the carrier easier and also allow for easy adjusting for nursing.
- Elastic Bands at Ends of Straps: roll the extra strap length up and out of the way.
- Removable Foot Straps: Helps older and bigger kids stay comfortable in the carrier.
- Sleeping Hood: supports your child’s head when they fall asleep. It snaps to the shoulder straps of the carrier and rolls up into it’s own pocket when not in use.
My Boba Baby Carrier Experience:
I chose the Kangaroo print and I love this print! It’s so cute, but not overly girlie. Not that I mind, I’ve been known to rock a purple carrier with my boy, but prints sometimes can look “girlie”. The Boba was quick and easy to put on and get adjusted. I love the added features of the pockets. I have some babywearing cards for my local group in the pocket, so if I don’t have my purse I always have some cards with me! I also really liked the purse strap. I used it while grocery shopping and it was nice to not have to stick my purse in the cart, or worry about it falling off my shoulder. My toddler was not too keen on the foot stirrups, but they are easily adjusted with the snaps. I got to try out the infant position because a couple of mamas in my babywearing group have newer babies. This feature does take a little work to get the buckles switched around, so it’s not really something that you would be able to quickly convert. It’s not meant for much switching back and forth between two sized kiddos quickly, but that’s okay. Most people wouldn’t need it for that, I’m sure. The babies did fit nicely into the adjusted Boba nicely, and it was comfy and happy babies! I normally wear my toddler on the back, but I did get the chance to front carry when he fell asleep in the car on the way to the store. It was more comfortable than I thought it would be, considering he is 30 lbs. The sleep hood was easy to get on and adjust and I also tried using the sleep hood with a back carry and it was fairly easy to do by myself.
I really like this updated Boba Carrier. The features are just enough to let you be totally hands free for a shopping trip, with the added pockets and purse strap holder. The added infant adjustment makes this carrier one that can last you most of your babywearing experience.
Where to Buy:
You can buy a Boba Carrier on the Boba website. Amazon.com also has Boba products.
Enter for your chance to win a Boba Baby Carrier, and one of two Boba Wraps! All products can be seen at www.bobafamily.com. With Boba products it is easier than ever to enjoy Freedom Together as a family and Boba wants YOU to get a chance to use their products. To enter to win, “Like” them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/boba) and for an additional two entries, follow them on Twitter (www.twitter.com/boba).
Disclaimer: I received a Boba Baby Carrier for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are experiences are my own. All pictures are taken by me and are property of The Babywearing Blog. Below is a link to my Amazon Affiliate. If you choose to click on it I may earn a percentage of your purchase.